November 20, 2006

Recycled Clothing Triumph

I did it! I successfully managed to find a Christmas party outfit that is 100% pre-worn. The cute pinkish colored sweater set is awesome, and has a few sequins to make it a little more dressy. I'm still waiting on the velvet skirt, but that should be here shortly. And I already have black dress shoes.

Not only that, I found an almost new Wool pea coat on ebay that fits perfectly, is absolutely adorable on, and is "used." I spent a little more for this than I originally wanted to, but it's worth it. I haven't had a "new" winter coat in years, and the one I've been wearing for the past few years is huge on me. So this is quite the happy thing.

Now - onto coming up with appropriate and useful Christmas gifts... Not exactly sure I'll manage to get everyone something that isn't "new", but I'm going to try. I've bought a soy candle making kit, and am going to use containers from the thrift store to make them in. Hopefully people will like them.

No comments: